Inspire Believe Achieve
Two Clerical Assistants Required
Would you like to be part of a team who aim to inspire and encourage our children to believe in their ability to succeed through learning?
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated part time Clerical Assistants to join our popular village schools (Whaplode CofE Primary School & Weston St Mary CofE (VC) Primary School) during September 2017. The appointments would be for 11 hours 15 minutes per week at Whaplode and 15 hours per week at Weston. Both roles would be considered permanent, subject the relevant probationary periods.
As at 1st September, both schools would be part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT); therefore, the roles would be employees of the LAAT and both roles could be employed across both schools. The salary would be reflective of the role at Scale Point 10 (£14,992 FTE) and the number of weeks worked per year would be 39.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are self-motivated and show initiative.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Can remain focused in a busy environment
- Will be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children.
- Have a sense of humour.
- To carry out data input utilising word, excel and other associated software.
- To assist in creating materials to support teaching and learning – display work.
- To carry out filing and stocktaking.
- To carry out photocopying.
- To assist the arrangement of routine in school activities such as medical/dental examinations, school photographs, induction evenings etc.
- To assist with the general administration of school trips and assist collecting money from students.
- To be the first point of contact for parents and external visitors.
- Any other duties that maybe required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
In return we can offer you an excellent training package with many opportunities to develop your career:
- Working with fantastic children who want to have fun and learn
- Develop your skills and contribute to the on-going development of our successful academy
- Join a very professional and able staff team
Visits to both schools are more than welcome and are encouraged.
Closing date – Monday, 3rd July 2017
Short listing will take place – Wednesday, 5th July 2017
Interviews to be conducted on or about the Wednesday, 12th July 2017
Please have a look at our website to find out more about our school ethos and values.
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce, which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.