Inspire Believe Achieve
Would you like to be part of a team who aim to inspire and encourage our children to believe in their ability to succeed through learning?
Whaplode Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint a cleaner to start on Monday, 25th September 2017 or as soon thereafter. The post holder will be required to work 7.5 hours per week, term time only + two weeks deep clean during the summer holidays.
We are seeking to appoint a flexible, reliable and hardworking individual who enables us to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout our school. Duties will include dusting and hoovering classrooms, cleaning down classroom surfaces such as tables and chairs, cleaning toilets, mopping floors and other related cleaning tasks. A good understanding of cleaning chemicals and equipment would be desirable.
As at 1st September 2017, our schools will be part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT); therefore, the role would be an employee of the LAAT and the role could be employed across our other school, which is at Weston St Mary. The salary would be reflective of the role at Scale Point 10 (£14,992 FTE) and the number of weeks worked per year would be 41.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are self motivated and show initiative
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Can remain focused in a busy environment
- Will be able to work part of a team to achieve the very best for our children
- Have a sense of humour
- To be responsible for the cleaning of a specified area in accordance with Whaplode’s current cleaning specification to achieve school standards
- To safely store cleaning materials and equipment
- To report to the immediate supervisor (or other designated person) any problems relating to cleaning equipment and materials
- To be a key holder for the school premises where it is considered necessary by the Headteacher
- To carry out wet work duties at the end of the day
In return we can offer you an excellent training package with many opportunities to develop your career:
- Working with fantastic children who want to have fun and learn
- Develop your skills and contribute to the on-going development of our successful academy
- Join a very professional and able staff team
Visits to both schools are more than welcome and are encouraged.
Closing date – Monday, 28th August 2017
Short listing will take place – Wednesday, 30th August 2017
Interviews to be conducted on or about the Friday, 13th September 2017
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce, which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.